MSY History

Macao Sam Yuk Middle School (MSY) is one of 5600 Seventh-day Adventist schools in the world. MSY was first established in 1953 at Rua De Sanches Do Miranda. Initially started as a kindergarten and primary school, MSY developed gradually into a middle school. Due to a shortage of human resources, the school closed in 1967 for 19 years. Then in 1992 it restarted offering traditional grammar education. Finally in 1997 MSY moved to its present location close to the Taipa Sports Complex. This campus consists of 30,000,000 square feet of reclaimed land given by the Macao government. MSY has a Chinese secondary section and will add P5 and P6 for the 2011-2012 school year. The English section includes kindergarten, primary and secondary levels. Students receive diplomas and certificates in traditional grammar subjects or in vocational courses.